Monday, August 11, 2008

Tioman

IT WAS FUN!! We're going back there next Sept hols. I hope. And it's as 5D, so anyone who's not personally invited had better stay out of it. XD

We really had fun at tioman, though it could have been much better without alot of the people there... Still, it isn't something you get to experience everyday; the magic of a sunset stroll on the beach, of being close enough to a shoal of fish to almost touch them but yet slow enough to never be able to, to have no worries, really small cares and the company of friends. It could have been better, but it was good enough.

I lost a snorkel though. Had to pay like 80 RM, so I owe Vanessa like 40 SGD now. Haizz.

The place was damn nice; snorkelling was the greatest thing we could do there, but it was so worth it... And it's great that I actually had an underwater camera. Took some photos, but too bad I'm totally blind underwater, so I had a really hard time even swimming around. I need to like get at least 900 degreee goggles. They'll be really useful.

Fun as it was, it's really great to be back too. At least, I have a whole bed to myself. My back hurts from sleeping sideways, my ear is sore cause I lay weirdly on it on a pillow, and I have been freezing for the past 3 nights. Lennard's a good blanket stealer.

However fun Tioman was, there was always the nagging thought at the back of my mind, and it sort of ruined things for me a little. Firstly there was mr ng leaving, of course... But apart from that there was homework and all that. It's really horrible to be on a holiday and have to keep worrying about other stuff. Even though I didn't do that alot, still... it could have been better.

I want to go back there again. Whether as a Teacher Advisor next year or on our own as 5D, I want to go back again. I need to get away from all the things here, and just focus on having fun or hanging out with people or relaxing. I don't want to worry about school, or work, or people that I hate... I need more time to myself, and more time to spend with those I love. I need more time to just watch sunsets, and poke around in the inter-tidal areas, and snorkel and marvel at what He's given us. Right here, and right now, we just can't do it.

Well, I have all my life to go back I guess. But before my youth and capacity for having fun and ignoring bad things runs away, I want to go back one more time. And it's always nice to know that, if in such a weird place which isn't even that famous we can find such beauty and serenity, wouldn't there be so much more of that elsewhere in the world?

No comments: