Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A new private server...

People are too busy with a new private server to play with me... You would think that since he might like die in 3 days or so in some weird country in China or something he might wanna spend more time with people... or that's what I would do anyways. But no one's like bothering to play with me liao... Very sad...

They're setting up a new server, which I bet is gonna be really laggy due to school internet. I dont know at all, I think I'll like stick to studying really hard for Bio and English and Lit and Maths this year. And that's all, unless Chem turns out to be really fun and stuff. So maybe no maple at all, whoever may host the server.

Unless, of course, if I have loads of free time on my hands.

Anyways, they asked us to go down to the library today for study time. I'm not going at all, like I said yesterday. I can't study there at all, and anyways, it's super noisy now with so many people going down cause of the 3.5 CAP limit. Also, most of them waste their time talking and whatnot; I'll rather be alone in my room doing my own homework, I get it done and over with quickly and I have totally lesser distractions. I have a com which I need to type on, I can simply sleep once I'm done or at least rest, and what's more, I don't have to freeze in the library waiting for 9.30 when you can finally go back to your room.

It's useless down there; I don't see a point going there myself, it's not going to help my grades, it's only going to push them down. It's just that the school or the hostel has some stupid mentality that oh, let's send all the stupid people to the library, and hopefully, due to the great big "STUDY AURA" of the library, they'll get better grades. And they're setting the benchmark of 3.5 so high because they simply want to play safe; if anyone still gets lower grades at the end of the year, they can say, "oh, we did our best and he's just not working hard.", and if they do well enough, they can simply say: "Look, our system works perfectly.".

It's all just some showing off stunt to (obviously) show off to like the rest of the world that we have the bestest, world class, hostel studying school experience. Retards. So I'm not going down there at all, and all these reason will totally support my argument:

Firstly, I can bet that if I go down to the library, my CAP this sem will definitely be lower then that of last sem. I'm 100% positive that I don't need the library to help me "push up" my grades.

Secondly, if I do go to the library, I won't study there. I won't carry a heavy book down just to please someone "high up there", when I can simply study in my own room. Also, most of my work takes place on the computer; I'm not bringing that down since I have a room here, and even if I did, it's going to die in like 30- 45 mins. And with the highly inflated population at the library, do you seriously think that I can get a spot to plug it in? And say I start doing work on it, and the power dies. What do I do for the rest of the time there? And since my work is mostly Lit, I'll probably lose my train of thought. It's so obviously fraught with so many problems...

Thirdly, it's not a conducive environment. Like I said, it's so noisy down there already with the bursting new population, and you want to squeeze more people inside? It's hard to study in the main library where you can't discuss, and even in the discussion room, it's both too noisy with so many people, and also wayyy too crowded.

So I'm not going down. At all. If anyone wants to drag me down, they can try. But I'll wager with them that if I do go down, I'll 110% get a much lower CAP then if I had stayed up in my room , and definitely a much lower CAP then last sem. Kudos.

No comments: