Sunday, February 8, 2009

Events in my life

ODAC Camp was AWESOME! I hope nothing like that happens ever again.

I think that was the first time I slept at 3am. Seriously. Super tiring, and I won't be surprised if I fall sick because I ran in the rain. Yet... Thanks to the greatest group on Earth, Shui Sheng, Arun, Natalie, Yun Hui, David and Lennard for sticking with all the stupid stuff in orienteering, like walking the huge circle around the bridge when we should have just crossed it and done. Or walking and eventually running  in the rain just to try to get more checkpoints. And even though we failed miserably and was like last too, I still enjoyed it all. Except the rain. That was terrible.

I slept at like supersuper early yesterday, and I only woke up at 11am today. Crazy right. The light is hurting my eyes even now, and my joints keep cracking everytime I move. I can't lift my hand above my head very far, and when I have them up there I don't want to go down again. Even when I take a deep breath my chest tinges slightly, and my elbow kinda hurts alot more now. It looks kinda infected, now that I think about it. I'll wait for pus then I'll see what I'll do.

There's SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH THE CAMP AND 1STAR!!! GAH. Irritating like anything. I thought everything would be solved if I simply cancelled the trip or postponed it to March, but apparently I have to wait for what Ms Loh or Mr Tan says on Monday. Even if they wouldn't cancel it or insisted that we had to have it in Feb, I thought I would just not go for it and get someone else to replace me for that trip. Now I can't get an answer until tomorrow, and then I'll have to make arrangements. Which raises problems on Ms Lee's side; the canoeing course had to be replied like yesterday, and I thought that by today I could get a straight answer from the teachers.

However, now the Water Venture people just won't let me sign up for the course. They went to fill up the course or something like that, and closed the course, so no matter what I do I can't take it on 14 and 21st. So now I'm hoping that they don't cancel or postpone the trip, but that would mean that I'm causing trouble for the NUS people's side. So I'm stuck both ways, just because I couldn't get an answer on time. I can't go for the 1star course cause it's too late to sign up for it, and now even if I cancel the trip or postpone it to March it's too late to do anything cause it won't help with anything; I'll just have to tell everyone to book a different date for the trip again, and tell the NUS side too. At least now I'm settled for the 1star course. I'll take it myself in March or something.

As for the trip, if it happens on 20Feb, it's fine; if they cancel or postpone it, now it's fine too.

My main gripe is now I have to think about the meeting tomorrow. It's either ODAC PT or astro meeting. I don't want to pon ODAC but I'm not wild about going for more training in this state. Yet I don't want to drop everything and go for Astro in case we end up wasting time in that session. I need more time alone to think about all these things. Or time in the shower...

So things to think about:

whether to go for ODAC or Astro tomorrow, or just postpone Astro.

how to solve the problem about all the trips and courses and stuff.

next friday's Astro Welcome party.

The club's website/blog thing

Trip to the symposium thingie. Consent forms, bus booking etc.

EXCO planning

Homework

how to get people to give blood with me on the 26th of June. Which is a Friday. So I'll probably have to like pon CCA. Or I'll ask Ms Lee to send us all to donate blood. HAHA. Actually that's kinda cool. Hmm...

Well, I think that should be manageable enough. It seems a lot more when it's floating around in my head.

When I first heard this song, I immediately thought of Mao and Roy. Lol. It's called Lucky, by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat.

It's quite a cool song, go find the lyrics or get the song from me. Kinda mushy though. Lol. But so... lovely I guess. Can't find another word to describe it.

Oh thanks kor for the offer of soup. I like soup. And bread. XD

And I guess from here on I'll be writing about the horrible (I would say black Friday but I think that's kinda racist nowadays. You can't be too careful.) Friday. So read on if you're above 18, and like immune to puking and horrifying scenes of blood and gore. Also, mild torturing scenes past here. Other wise click here to leave now.

Well, it started pretty tiring on it's own; Math, then Bio then Lit. I was kinda sian already, especially after those 3 rather tiring lessons on their own. So arrived the first level of hell. As with all roads that lead to hell, it started out kinda all right. We went into the ODAC room, saw that the bananas were nice and ripe and we were like HOORAY. Bananas are ripe! Wheeee. Then we had this small briefing about the route, and the clues, and the compasses, and the maps. So that's how we started off.

We had to find the letterbox of doom first, so we travelled all the way to Clementi central before we realised that Avenue 2 was far behind us. So we walked back and finally found it. Took a picture of it then went off to find the parking lot. Then it rained. Like it started with a small drizzle first, then it stopped, so we though, hey, that's not too bad. So onwards to the next place, which was somewhere near a bridge or something. We went to the wrong bridge, then walked a huge round before finding the stupid erection of a 2 story whatever. Loser la, it was like hidden down this minute jungle path thing. zzz.

Ran and ran in the rain. Saw an accident. Some car hit motocyclist, then the poor guy the bike like dao fan, and his hand and arm was injured. I think he kena flattened by bike. Ran and ran... All the way to the 4th station, the lamp near the playground. Had to take picture in the heavy rain, so my phone got like soaked. Luckily it didn't short out or burn.

After that, we tried to find the trading chinese place thing. It was so late liao la, and we were torn between coming back late or finding the stupid place. Walked/ran another huge round before it was like 5.55pm, so we had to head back. Or get hell from Johno. Or Ms Lee. Or both. In the end we still came back late, even after running in the rain and all. I think that's why we didn't get punished or something; everyone was too pathetic looking. They just gave us less food. Which was fine by us. *sad*

After that I broke for Astro. Went to handle the club. I think we did a good job in spite of not having a plan. The rain spoiled stuff again. After so many weeks without rain, it has to appear now. Such is the way the world works. Hahahas. We didn't go to NUS, and we distracted the club with a movie while we thought up of stuff to do for the rest of the session. The Year 1s were kinda crazy so Mr Lim took them away. He did some brain-washing thing to them, which turned  out pretty well actually. They were much better behaved after that, when we were showing the scopes to them.

We set up both Dobs, and the new scope and the poor Orion. Let them mull over it for awhile, then we decided to like introduce them to how to set up the scopes. Made them sort of like study how we set up the scopes, and threatened to make them do it later, and if they do it wrongly... well I left it hanging XD. Anyways, we had Kenneth and Rion do the Orion scope (Thanks guys!), while I did the white Dobsonian. I didn't set it up though; I just introduced like what to do, what not to do, what to use, what not to lose, basic stuff like that. Jack and co. set up the thing, while I tried to think "What would Mr Lim do if he was the one being the teacher." I think it was rather fun though, and went ok factoring in the lack of preparation and the sudden-ness of everything and the change of plans. I guess I haven't had the real taste of being a teacher yet, they always look so terribly busy with preparing materials and stuff. And I guess it is tiring. But I still think I'll like to be a teacher next time. Or at least teach something. I haven't forgotten about being an OBS instructor! Hahahas...

Well, then we talked to Mr Lim about stuff until 11pm. While I prayed hard that my shoes would dry by then (fat hope, life doesn't work that way, it's too evillllll.) Went back for PT, which I don't remember alot of, except for planking and running. And getting shouted at. Which I think was totally unnecessary. I think I always feel angry when people start shouting at me. Whats wrong with asking nicely. I think I'll feel more guilty and learn more from it if, even though I'm slow or late or something, no one shouts or scolds me. I'm more scared if I do something that makes someone be more quiet or use a softer tone against me than if that person starts shouting and irritating me.

Anyways, after PT we went to sleep. Sort of. I feel asleep so many times during PT, and I closed my eyes when I was running once and felt myself slipping away. I didn't do that anymore after that happened. Wait fall down or something. Showered then slept. terrible sleep. So cold, then got mosquito somemore. And I was sleeping at the corner. I think Lennard was very happy in between me and Johno; I blocked all the wind and Johno had a sleeping bag so I guess it was damn warm for him. In the end I went hunting for a nicer spot to sleep. Student Lounge, canteen, Netball court, Concourse... all so cold de. In the end I went to the grandstand and tried to sleep next to korkor. He went back to do stuff, and I koped his sleeping bag to sleep awhile. He brought toast back but I was too tired to eat it then. So by the time i ate it it was soft liao. Still edible though, so I shared with Bao.

Then we had a nice breakfast. Ate like so many bananas, didn't like the Nutella or the brand of Peanut butter, so I tried Milo and Ribena instead. Separately. I wanted to try Milo and Ribena first, but people kept asking me to pour Ribena for them, and Johno asked me to pour Ribena into his cup. Stupid la, I didn't get to be first to drink Milo+Ribena. Zzzzz. So angry.

We played Captain's ball, which we sort of owned for awhile. Then we got tired I think, so played frisbee, in which we were okay. Mostly. Then we moved to the Netball court to play (duh) netball, in which we were severely OWNED. I realised I can't defend at all, I keep forgetting that I can't block others from shooting, and that I have to mark my complementary person instead. Terrible... Kinda not open to netball now hahas.

Lunch was at the hawker centre at Clementi Central. Ate my usual thing, and bought Cheeu Kway? Dunno how to spell. Vanessa, you can try to pronounce it in all the different ways you can hahahas.

Rushed back to deliver Rad's food to him before he went home, then we slowly cleaned up the place. Went home at around 3 something after a debrief. That's a funny word. With so many wrong connotations... HAHAHAHAHAS. Forgot to take the form from Ms Lee, but I don't think it matters anymore. ZZZ.

And that's about it for the camp. After recounting all those horrible memories, I don't think I want to go for ODAC session tomorrow. The pain just keeps getting worse, and I just took some painkillers and muscle relaxant. (Not Panadol) Some kind of medicine that works well for fevers too. I hope it doesn't kill me. I feel another round of the flu coming on. My nose keep running now, and I can't breathe through it properly. And just when i though I was all done with the flu. I guess after so much stuff going on my immunity is just low.

I think I shall go for dinner now, cause I'm feeling really sleepy now, and i don't want to sleep before I can eat.

No comments: