Saturday, January 3, 2009

I'm not angry

or anything... I'm just kind of disappointed that even you would want to work against me.

I hope you know what you're doing... I mean I understand your argument about how you think I'm doing this for myself and all, but I think you should take a look at what your reason is for opposing the swap. If you absolutely love the new classrooms and would like to stay there for the rest of the year then yes, it's a valid argument; put together a group of you and talk to me or something.

But don't oppose me because you think I'm doing this all for my own, that I'm the only one who wants it. I've already done my best to find out who actually seriously opposes the classroom swap; so far no one has done anything, and I've gone ahead with my own plans.

Even so, it's not a final decision. If Mr Chua decides to approve it, we still have to decide whether we want to move back or not. Whether the Yr 3s will agree to the shift back or not. Whether there are serious opponents to shifting back or not.

My point is, I don't mind if you come to me and say you would rather have the new classrooms. Then we'll take your opinion into account, and see what we can do. But I don't want to be discouraged or stuff by people who oppose me because they think it's wrong for me to "think entirely of what I want". As far as I know, the worst case scenario that I've known about is: "I can't really be bothered, both ways are fine."

If both ways are fine, then why object to shifting back? Answer that question truthfully first, then get back to me.

If it's about how you think I shouldn't be "speaking on behalf of the whole level", then bring that up separately and don't confuse it with this issue.

If it's about "I REALLY REALLY WANT the NEW classrooms, I HATED the old ones, why didn't this happen sooner", then why is there no objection so far?

And if it's: "I want the old classrooms really badly", or "I prefer the old classrooms, but don't mind the new either", or "I don't freaking care about either as long we have a classroom", then just don't say anything, cause I'm already on it.

From my point of view, I think that even if the whole level was "I don't care, as long as we have a classroom", and there was only one person who wanted the old classrooms, I still think that we should at least try to move. If there's no objection to moving back, then surely the door is wide open to move back! Don't confuse the issue with: "It's a hassle to move back now", or "Why is he stirring up so much trouble", because you should have taken that into account when you answered.

I've already tried to keep this as low-key as possible; as long as there's no strong objection to moving back, I don't see why I need to trouble people with extra worry and work. I've offered to personally email all the teachers involved in the swap, and personally go to the Yr 3 classes and see if they're willing to change with us. There isn't any hassle for the average person, just the fact that you have to remember to go up to "Blk D 5th storey" instead of "Blk B 4th storey". 

If that's too hard for you, then I can't help there, and you should have answered with: "I'll really rather have the new classrooms. I love them and I'll rather not change back."

I hope this is the end of it, because it's a stupid thing to bring up and it doesn't help anything.

No comments: