Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Being stupid

One thing about not studying for anything is that people always tend to take you as being damn stupid. So you tell them something that you know alot about, and you get weird bullshit from them, like having argued about it with a teacher before or just knowing. It's damn idiotic, especially when said fact is like staring at you in your damn face one mouse click away on wikipedia.

I guess there's a price to pay for acting stupid. On one hand it almost guarantees that'll people won't take you seriously if you say anything wrong; yet even that is a double-edged sword, especially if you have thick-headed friends who think they're so smart just because they study the whole day. No one ever realises that on things that I like, I take less than half a day to study. Well, I don't see the point of studying so hard just to show that I can. What's the point of studying the whole day if you can do the same amount of work in half an hour? The only point is to simply show off. It's probably a defence mechanism just to comfort themselves that they're doing something to try to be better.

I don't believe in studying. There's not much point in it, the way the world's going. Furthermore, I don't see the point of trying to slam something into your head when you obviously don't want to. You'll end up decreasing your satisfaction with that subject, with only minimal increase in mugging power...

The whole day I've been nagged at to study something, with all sorts of stupid excuses to try to get me to study. Don't waste time, studies are important, don't get complacent... Can't you obviously see that that's a stupid way to argue?! Complacency isn't the issue here, yet everyone thinks I'm so confident that I'm not studying. All of you are idiots. I don't study not because I think I don't need it, or I'm ready, or I'm so smart that I don't need to. I just don't want to. And that is NOT complacency; it's simply my choice.

The only people who're acting complacent are the ones who try to rebut me. Just because I look dumb, I don't study and my CAP isn't that great, you think I'm stupid enough not to know when the bravado you display at being "right" is all fake. If you only can do one thing in the whole world, wouldn't you make sure you could at least do it well and good? So don't try to make stupid excuses, stands and judgement calls, just because you've "studied the whole day". Like I said, I see no point in studying a whole day and getting simple facts wrong.

And whatever you think now, I know I'll be one of the happiest people from here in the future. It's not a question of whether I'm smart or not, or whether I have potential even, but I know I'm going to be one of the top because I don't suffer such shortsightedness that so many people here have. If nothing else, I see much more clearly than few others here. I'm not as blind as many take me to be, and despite my many faults, I know that even though everyone else here will have better pay, or greater spending power, or more luck or better looks or more leadership potential, I will be the most fulfilled here. Because nothing else matters as much, yet you are blind enough to chase fleeting shadows. Like I said, most times, I'm the only one who sees clearly enough to play this game.

No comments: